Thursday, March 24, 2011

hudson, ny

Last week was St. Patrick's Day along with ahh, yes... for me, the big 30. As a surprise, Brett planned a trip to check out the town of Hudson, known for its great selection of antique stores and beautiful buildings. The town snuggles up to the Catskill Mountains in upstate New York and is a quick getaway from good 'ole jersey. To start, for the spirit of St. Patty's Day, I had to sport the green chuck taylors:

We stayed at the Inn at Hudson, a building that is renowned for its grandeur and "style follows function" architecture.







Our room:

Gorgeous detailing on the ceiling:









A living room with some interesting items to peruse....




Loved the little details in their kitchen...






Yummm..... Poached egg over a grilled tomato with pesto sauce, sprinkled with parm and fresh basil. Best Breakfast I Have Ever Had. A rather bold statement, but true. Beautiful presentation, as well... Bravo!




This was an exciting find for Brett and I: A bookstore bar... Move over Starbucks!



First time trying 'Rogue Dead Guy Ale'... It was very good...


Brett contemplating life; he does this often.







Antiquing time!

Love it:









Amazing! I want to live in this shop:





















4 comments:

christopher haupert said...

oh my god, you have captured such a mystical of view of Hudson!

Anonymous said...

absolutely incredible photographs..i remember you both stopping in our shop 3FortySeven.com..had no idea what would come out of them!

Giovanni di Mola

Adia Photography said...

Thank you! I love it when I see people creating inspirational spaces and Hudson was full of it; so much fun! Beautiful shop :O)

IvyMills said...

Your images reflect a twinkle in my eye. I see familiar spaces and undiscovered places, thank you for the captures.