Monday, June 7, 2010

a surprise father's day gift!

Shalinee approached me a couple months ago to see about doing a portrait session as a surprise Father's Day gift for her husband, Dave. We headed out to Princeton University, where Shalinee had gone to school and the location Dave had proposed to her! The University is full of beautiful architecture, gardens, and with so much sentimental meaning for the couple, the campus was the perfect place to shoot!

Kavya and Alex:

Kavya is an aspiring photographer! I caught her grabbing some shots of me throughout the session... So cute!










We hit a little resistance in this portion of the shoot, but still adorable nonetheless! Haha, Alex is funny here:

These are the tigers Dave had proposed to Shalinee in front of! The kids had fun playing near them...










The children changed into their traditional Indian outfits... so vibrant! Kavya had informed me that she wants a traditional Indian wedding, since she wants to wear a beautiful red dress and lots of gorgeous jewelry!












Happy Father's Day, Dave!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Amy. I love, love, love the photographs. They came out awesome! Can't wait to surprise Dave with them! - Shalinee

theanc yo for the fotos so cwecley - kavya & alex
(Thank you for the photos so quickly...written by Kavya on behalf of her and Alex)

Adia Photography said...

Aww... haha.... You're welcome!!

Heather said...

I'm a friend of Shalinee's-- and I just have to say: I absolutely LOVE these photos! Gorgeous!!! Dave will be ecstatic!